Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Creation Station - Get Well Soon


Welcome to the Creation Station blog hop!  The first Sunday of the month I join a group of stampers from around the world for a blog hop featuring current Stampin' Up! products.  We usually have a theme or try to highlight certain stamp sets.  This month we are focusing on "Get Well" cards and projects.  SU! has come out with a lot of really great sets for this (Here for You or the cute little umbrellas from Weather Together are perfect).  However, I wanted to show you some brand new product that you can order starting September 1st!

So let's get to it!  If you came from the amazingly talented Cindy Schuster - thank you for continuing on to me!  It's hard to fill an Artisan's shoes, but I'll certainly try! :)

The set I am using today is a new (Christmas/holiday) set called Wrapped in Warmth.  I want to show you how you can use the one stamp in this set for a get well card.


 The stamp set is full of cute sentiments and fun stitched images and coordinates perfectly with this new embossing folder called Cable Knit.  It is awesome!  I know when I'm sick, I like to grab a blanket and curl up on the couch.  My boys love to snuggle too which is probably why MOM always catches whatever they have!  


Here's a closer look of this embossing folder.  It really takes the 3D look to a whole new level!


Another awesome thing that SU! will be offering their customers are 2 packs of markers!  There are a few packs (colors pre-selected) that are available in the new holiday catalog.  One pack in particular is Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake!  Here I added some ink with my Delightful Dijon marker - really makes the sentiment fun with different colors!  
Did you notice the plaid designer paper?  Talk about coziness!! I ordered two packs of the Warmth and Cheer DSP stacks.  You will LOVE IT!  


Now normally when I'm sick, I don't want cookies, but since it's too hot to make soup and cookies can be eaten any time of year, I opted to make cookies.  Plus, I suppose "get well" could be for those having a bad day too so cookies work, right? :)


I wanted the tag to coordinate with the card so I incorporated the stitching along the Delightful Dijon border.   I added the heart from the same DSP.  The "get well soon" is from the Layered Alphabet stamp set.


For the lid you may notice another new stamp!  This is another sneak peek at a new set called Yummy Little Christmas.  I love to bake and give homemade goodies at Christmas (and all year round) so I had to have these little whisks!  They're shaped like a snowflake too!


I sure hope you enjoyed what I made and the sneak peek at some upcoming product!  Please make your way around the blog hop!  A lot of the team are off enjoying some summertime fun, but I know you won't be disappointed - even if it is a shorter hop!

You can head back to the lovely Cindy, or click next to jump across the Atlantic to my talented friend Julie!
      


Happy stamping everyone :)
Be blessed and be a blessing!
-Holly

**If you're currently looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to help!  If you'd like a holiday catalog or annual catalog, comment below :)  I live in the central MN area and hold 2 classes a month.**



2 comments:

  1. Holly: What a smart idea to use some of the sneak peek items for your projects. I love the jar of cookies. If I were sick, that would certainly cheer me up! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how you have used a Christmas Suite, and have made such sweet Get Well Soon creations! We are almost at the end of our Winter, and these are so perfect for right now. Awesome ideas Holly. D x

    ReplyDelete